Thursday, December 27, 2007

On Being a Gay Parent

In a local bookstore yesterday, I found a new book in the "gay and lesbian" section. It's entitled On Being a Gay Parent. Of course it even comes with a website.

I've only just begun it, but he wrote it for me! There are a number of books about becoming a parent if you are gay or lesbian. But this deals more with those of us who are parents already, before we come to grips with our being gay. AND, he talks about faith, about being a parent, a Christian, and gay. I'm excited to find it.

So far, I highly recommend it. And I'm sure I will when I'm done with it. You queer dads out there, check it out.

6 comments:

Ur-spo said...

i envy you that you are a parent.
it is something i will not have.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

I agree with ur-spo, I totally evvy that you are a Dad. Even if I had been married and had children, I know it would not have been the right choice for me to make at the time but I would never regret having children.

I think this makes you a total DILF? ;)

Me being bad again!
Steven

A Troll At Sea said...

Dear BT:

it's not being the Gay Dad that's the killer, it's being the Gay Dad's partner. There's the rub.

The Goat left me alone over Christmas because he thought he shouldn't intrude on my first Christmas with the kids at my place -- which then proceeded not to happen.

But I think it takes a particularly sensitive person to be a fairy stepmother, if you know what I mean.

well, I'd better stop before I get into more trouble.

All the best.
T@C

Anonymous said...

sounds like a good one, I havn't given up on that yet. Hope you have a Happy New Year Joe, and that 2008 will be your best so far.

Unknown said...

Those kids are pretty lucky. Happy 2008, Joe.

daveincleveland said...

happy new year there sunshine....hugs and kisses and @#%$ back at ya...08 is gonna be our year right handsome.......:)