Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Home again

It was a long trip to Memphis and back, but daughter is settled back in school. Now we just wait for the first crisis. She will survive, she will do well. But after all, she is majoring in drama. Runs in the family, I guess.

It was miserably hot, even by Memphis standards, in the 100's. But all got done, moved in, purchased, etc. She had commitments on campus on Sunday afternoon and evening, so I went out on my own and found the Pumping Station. Folk were very friendly, funny, welcoming, and frisky, too. Didn't get into any "trouble", but enjoyed visiting with folk.

I made the long trek back on Tuesday morning, leaving at 6.30 (and it was already about 80 degrees).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the trip went well.

Akoni Chaput said...

Sounds like you had a good time at the Pumping Station. I looked the place up on the net, and from the pictures they have on the site, it looks like they know how to have a good time. Glad to hear all went well and your daughter has settled in well.

I am sure you are glad to be back home again.

A Troll At Sea said...

Toasted Bear:

I am so glad that you found a place to connect. I failed miserably on my recent trip to the Great Plain, but then, that had everything to do with the longing I was carrying around inside me, which walled me off from anyone I would have met anyway.

But getting out there and talking to Real People is what it's all about. I'm off to spend the evening with real leather people tomorrow -- so I will probably be doing my Vanilla Wafer Wannabe waltz for the rest of the weekend.

Though other dances involving a particular partner may also take up some of my time. For reasons far too boring to go into here, this is going to be a Very Long Weekend.

Hang in there.
And tell NC hello from
T@C

Ur-spo said...

welcome home dearie.

daveincleveland said...

glad your back home, all safe and sound, pumping station sounds like fun.....will be home alone on labor day weekend may hit my first on that weekend to "test the waters"

publius100 said...

And I thought a daughter majoring in engineering was drama!

Creative Thinker said...

DUDE! I'm a Memphis boy! When were you at the Pumping Station? I was there a couple of nights this week...I might have even seen you... Let me know the next time you come back to Baghdad on the Bluff and I will play the good host.