Friday, March 28, 2014

Viewing problems; problems viewing

No one can "push our buttons" or "jerk our chains" more than parents, or children.  I am sandwiched between both.

View from Room 411
Still in ICU with my father.  He can be mean and ugly.  So can I.

In so many ways, we are nothing alike.  But of course, actually, we are.  Yeah.  He brings out the shadow in me.  To see it, own it, learn it, accept it: that is the task; to turn that power toward benefit; to use that energy, instead of letting it burn me.

The view ain't much.  But my vision is increasing.

5 comments:

Jeffrey said...

I love you, big guy.
jeffrey

Michael Dodd said...

I like the distinction between the view and vision.
Hold yourself in gentleness these days.

Anonymous said...

Just happened to log on to see what happened to you. I've missed hearing of your journey. Glad to see you are back, but sorry for the struggle with your dad. Walking with parents during the last chapter of their life can be draining.
I just finished typing a long email about systems theory and smiled when I read your re-entry blogs. Keep holding on to a strong self.
On Friday of last week I sat next to an Episcopal priest at a dinner and had the thought, which I have never had before, I could see myself living with this man the rest of my life. We had so much in common and conversation was so natural and relaxed. I've been thinking about it ever since. I'm sure our complicated lives will prevent anything more than a friendship, and not sure even that will develop. But it has set in motion lots of reflection and musing.
Well again, welcome back.
May grace sustain you in the days ahead

Anonymous said...

成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天

สมัคร pg slot said...

สมัคร pg slot สมัครสมาชิก เพื่อรับความสนุกสนานที่กำลังจะเกิดขึ้นอย่างไม่เคยสัมผัสมาก่อนกับ pg slot เว็บสล็อตออนไลน์ที่กำลังมาแรงที่สุดในปีนี้ กับเกมสล็อต