Thursday, January 12, 2006

Busy-ness

The year is off to a busy start. Ugh. I have had meetings and stuff, and more stuff, and making the time to write is difficult. And, I have felt a bit empty of late, nothing much to say.

But, one little update: I had a meeting with my "boss" and told him about me, the truth, the whole truth. He was very supportive of me and my journey to come out. What a relief. I thought that he would be supportive, but there is always that unknown. What if this is the one big issue for him? Thankfully, it's not something he flips over but is accepting of, but he understands the breadth and depth and heighth of the issue for me. He was down-right pastoral. Thanks be to God.

The weather has been crazy here, highs in the upper 50's and even the 60's. This is very strange for us, in the moutains of Western NC, in the dead of winter. But I must say it has been nice to get outside a little bit. Oh, how I yearn for a day of hiking.

By the way, today is St. Aelred's Day. Integrity claims Aelred as its patron saint, which you may read about here.

Thank you, friends, for prayers and support and just being there.

Cheers, Joe.

1 comment:

Michael Dodd said...

A couple of days back I was quoting Aelred on a comment over at Cavum Muris, and then it turns out his feast was coming up. He's been everywhere I looked (oaky, three places) the last couple of days.

Take care of your good self.

lrgme -- my frame in bear-mode