So, in the midst of yuk, it is very easy to whine, which I did. Something helpful I've found for un-whining is gratitude.
I am grateful for
- that I have had to courage and perseverance to begin the journey of coming out.
- for my children, and their long-suffering, understanding mother.
- for a place to live, a "place of my own."
- for an understanding, supportive place of employment. Though I am not "out" at work, folk have worked with me on schedule, time-off, etc.
- for my friends John and John. A couple who've been together about 30 years! They've been welcoming, supportive, playful, and let me do my laundry at their house.
- for being able to live in a beautiful part of the world, the mountains of Western NC.
- for faithful friends and supporters in my 12 step group.
- for comments and emails and such left by many of you that have buoyed me through a lot of low points.
- for God's grace, embracing me with Love my whole journey. Being gay is profoundly spiritual.
- for my kind, understanding, and very straight "regional boss" who knows I'm gay and supports me.
Gratitude fights the spirits that pull us down into the pit. It opens up my heart and mind and takes me out of myself. An Attitude of Gratitude. It's a great way to un-whine!
Cheers for now.